Information for applicants
The academic year at GITIS starts in September and ends in June (01.09-30.06). Bachelor's degree takes 4 academic years to complete; Specialist's degree takes 4 or 5 academic years to complete; Master's degree takes 2 academic years to complete; Doctor's degree takes 3 academic years to complete. All the faculties provide the full-time study. Post-graduate studies can be either full-time or part-time. All the courses are given in Russian. The applicants are enrolled according to the results of entrance examinations.
If you need to take a course of Russian language, please send all the application documentation to the International Department.
Letter of invitation
- The application form
- the photocopy of the first two pages of your passport.
Concluding the agreement
To conclude the agreement to study at GITIS you should submit to the International Department the following documents:
- Application form;
- Academic documents, equivalent to the academic documents of Russian Federation, with the academic degree, the full list of learned subjects and full list of marks, with a notarized translation into Russian:
- For Bachelor studies (BA) or For Specialist: school-leaving certificate
- For Master studies (MA): Bachelor’s or Specialist’s degree-certificate
- For Post-graduate studies (Candidate’s degree): Master’s or Bachelor’s certificate
- Transcript (the document showing the list of the subjects with results) with a notarized translation into Russian;
- Evidence of equivalence of the education certificate which was got outside the Russian Federation;
- Medical insurance;
- Medical certificate confirming that you haven’t got contra-indications for study in the Russian Federation and at the faculty you are applying to;
- The AIDS test result confirming that you haven’t got AIDS, valid on the territory of Russian Federation;
- Passport with visa and migration card;
- Six 3x4 cm photographs.
Documents from foreign applicants for study at GITIS admitted:
for Bachelor, Specialist and Master studies – till July 1,
for Post-graduate studies – till December 1.