₽ 711 000 per year
bachelor degree course
Students study the following professional disciplines:
- Methods of classical dance teaching;
- Methods of folk stage dance teaching;
- Methods of historic folk dance teaching;
- Methods of duet classical dance teaching;
- Dance and ballet music analysis;
- History and theory of choreographic education;
- Basics of the modern dance technique, etc.
After the 4-year Choreography course at Choreographic department graduates become theatre, variety or sports choreographers, and after the Academic department they become teachers and tutors. Regardless of the department graduates obtain Choreography Bachelor degree and afterwards successfully work at the leading ballet theatres and dance troupes throughout the world.
During the course students study the following liberal arts disciplines: history, history of Russian and foreign theatre, history of Russian and foreign literature, history of the cinema, music, philosophy, aesthetics, art history, pedagogics and psychology, and many others.
Foreign students study Russian language for 4 years, therefore getting a good knowledge of the Russian language as a bonus.
Students can do practical training at the major Moscow theatres.
After the graduation they receive Bachelor diploma.
Choreography art (creative practical examination).
Entrance exam consists of two sections:
Classical dance (exercise at the ballet bar, exercise in the middle, allegro); folk stage dance (exercise at the ballet bar, elements and combinations of various folk stage dances in the middle), historical folk dance (compositions of historical dances of various periods).
Applicant should demonstrate professional performance technique — methodical or stage demonstration:
- Methodical demonstration include: composition of the combination at the bar on the assigned exercise theme of the offered educational class; composition of the combination in the middle of the room on the assigned theme of the offered educational class; composition of the small jumps combination chosen by the examiners of the offered educational class; composition of the medium jumps combination of the offered educational class; composition of the big jumps combination of the offered educational class.
- Stage presentation include: performance of applicants’ own compositions and improvisation (presentation of two own compositions; improvisation to the offered music; written libretto of the performed works).
Colloquium is aimed to unveil the professional abilities of the applicants, their intellectual level and cultural outlook, artistic taste, knowledge in the field of the history of choreography, literature, music, art, theory and methods of the choreography teaching. Interlocution also includes the check of the musical literacy (basic music theory).